We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

Hi experts!

I'm planning a 7days stay in provence this May.

Arle, Orange , Luberon villages , local markets, valley in the north are the main places I would like to visit.

I'm having difficulites finding a b&b that makes me 100% satisfied.

I read tones of q&a's and reviews from this forum and finally, I narrowed down to these

three spots to base.

1) Goult

2) Gargas

3) Menerebe

(Yes, I like small and quiet places. I wanted to avoid touristic places)

And my priorities of choosing b&b are

1) great valley views

2) dinner possible in the b&b so we don't have to eat out everyday

(just simple provencial home-made style will be fine, not gastronomic ones)

3) instead of luxurious b&bs , lustic and provencial style..

I searched TA , bedandbreakfast.com, avignon-et-provence.com thoroughly for over than 3 weeks..

So far, Lou Baou(Goult), Le Mas Jorel(Gargas) and Le Mas du Magnolia(Menerebe) are my top 3 b&bs.

But, Lou Baou and Le Mas Jorel don't seem to make dinner, and while Magnolia do serves dinner they lack of Luberon valley views compared to the other two b&bs.

It's very hard to find the PERFECT b&b that suites my conditions..

It was more difficult to find a b&b where dinner's possible.

Is there any b&b that I'm missing?

I would very much thank you if you could recommend any place with great views and dinner at the same time...

LANCASHIRE
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

Hi Alison we have just booked recently for Lou Baou for the end of May - i spent many hours searching and i don,t think you will find much in the B and B market that also cater for evening meal

Their are many restaurants with a wide range of choice and price so you should find something - other wise buy local produce and wine to eat outside at your B and B at night and take in the views

Andy

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

Thank you so much for the reply.

Yeah.. I think I would just eat outside or bring stuff to eat in the B&B..

Hope you have a nice time staying in Lou Baus!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

Here are a handful of chambre d'hotes that serve an evening meal. These communal tables have provided some of our most memorable evenings. Read, sort out and enjoy!

https://www.google.com/#q=chambre+et+table+d%27hote+de+charme+luberon

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,033 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

It's only about a 10 minute walk from Lou Baou into Goult where ther are several excellent restaurants. including the Cafe de la Poste and the stunning La Bartavelle.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

Mas des Romarins outside of Gordes offers tremendous views onto Gordes from some of the rooms and from the terrace. They serve dinner on that terrace at least a few times a week. It is an easy seven minute walk to Gordes.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

Sorry to appear pedantic but by definition a B & B is bed and breakfast, or Chambre d'Hote in France. While some will provide a simple evening meal (often communial) most do not.

You might like to widen your search criteria to include small hotels and auberges that will provide dinner.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

For example: http://www.hotel-saint-hubert-luberon.com/.

8. Re: B&B with luberon valley views and where serves dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:18