We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks camping? with a small child, near Marseille Sept/Oct

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks camping? with a small child, near Marseille Sept/Oct

Hello

I have been reading all the Marseille posts and have picked up lots of ideas of where to visit but am still a bit stuck on where to actually stay! We are flying into Marseille Provence on 19 Sept for 2 weeks and were hoping to stay in a fixed tent or mobile home. I have looked at the likes of Siblu and Keycamp but a lot of the possible sites seem to closed mid Sept or the facilities are much reduced at this time.

Can anyone please recommend a nice place to stay with a 3 year old? We are looking for somewhere reasonably near to a beach but not too 'city-based'. We like nature and the countryside, water, views, walking etc but also like eating out and a 'chilled' vibe. At the same time we would like to make sure our son has the chance to have fun and make some friends, go swimming in a warm pool and maybe have the opportunity to attend some children's club type activities. We like the idea of mobile home type accomodation with bbq facilities etc where we can choose to sit outside and drink/eat while our boy is safely in bed a couple of meters away or just chill while he is playing with friends not too far from us.

We are planning to hire a car at the airport and don't mind driving for up to a couple of hours.

Any suggestions very welcome, thanks!

Debbie

Staffordshire
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks camping? with a small child, near Marseille Sept/Oct

I notice you didn't have any replies but wondered if you've booked anywhere yet as we have the same dilemma?

We have a three year old (nearly four) and an 18 month old and we're hoping to fly to Marseille on Sept 10th for a week at a Siblu site. There seem to be mixed reviews on La Carabasse but we need to book Siblu as we're paying with Tesco Clubcard vouchers!

Best wishes,

Paula

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks camping? with a small child, near Marseille Sept/Oct

It is out of high season so unfortunately some of the facilities especially for children will not be available.

Just a thought - have a look at pv-holidays at Pont Royal (about half an hour from the airport).

Has lots of on site facilities including two pools, restaurants and childrens activities.

The apartments have balconys or a terrace and full cooking facilities.

I am not connected with them but just thought you might like to look at this as an alternative to camp sites.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks camping? with a small child, near Marseille Sept/Oct

Hi Paula

No, we haven't booked yet. Keeping our options open and hoping a perfect solution pops up!

I had a bit of a look at Siblu and generally they seem to be well received. Have you had a look at the reviews on Netmums (www.netmums.co.uk I think) as they have quite a few reviews of Siblu which may help you out with a specific site.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Debbie

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks camping? with a small child, near Marseille Sept/Oct

Thanks boucheboy.

I'll have a look at pv.

Debbie

5. Re: 2 weeks camping? with a small child, near Marseille Sept/Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about Marseille