We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

Does anyone have any tips for finding bric a brac (antiques/junk!) at flea markets in Marseille?

I love old fashioned junk!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

There's a huge flea market in MRS but it's a bit out of the centre --- in the 15th arrondissement north of the city. Avenue du cap Pinede. Buses 35 and 70 go there. I'm not sure if it's on every day but it should definitely be open at the weekend. I've never been there personally, so no idea if it's any good. There's also a second-hand book and record market on the place Carli, at the top of the Canebiere.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

Again, you are a gold mine of info!

I am sure to be posting more questions! Thanks for your time.

K

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

I know your post was over a year ago, however, on the chance you are back to Marseille. The market that AnglaiseaMarseille, describes, is amazing, although to me equally surprising are the number of people I have met in Marseille whom have never been to it. If you are a fan of old time flea markets, with tons of miscellaneous, the new mixed with the old, and the occasional treasure this is the place.

We have been to 4 different markets this week in Marseille, unfortunately, for some reason Trip Advisor seems unwilling to post Markets under things to do any more.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

Here's my full guide to the best markets of Marseille: http://bit.ly/9FyxCc

Marseille
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

If you like flea markets, you might also keep an eye out for "vide greniers" (literally, empty out the loft). These are opportunities for people to empty out their houses and sell unwanted possessions. You will be surprised what you can find there! You will sometimes find professional traders at the larger and more well organised vide greniers.

There is a web site for vide greniers, but smaller vide greniers will often only only be listed on local notice boards or lamp-posts. Here is the address ofthe web site.

http://vide-greniers.org/

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

If you are in Marseille on 16 Sept, a hot tip is the occasional antiques street market on the rue E Rostand (in the antique dealers' quarter). antiquairesmarseille.com/fr/actualites/theme…

7. Re: Bric a brac/Antique Market in Marseille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 17:17