We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your experience with Auto Europe out of airport?

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
837 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
your experience with Auto Europe out of airport?

have never booked with them...and realized you need to pay up front..has anyone used them or do you recommend someone else...we need a car for 1 week.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: your experience with Auto Europe out of airport?

We always use AutoEurope or their sister company, Kemwel. You do realize that you will be picking up your rental from a local rental comany,e.g. Europcar, Avis, etc., since AutoEurope is merely a broker, right?

Yes, you pay when you reserve, but you can make as many changes to your reservation as your heart desires, including changing dates and locations of pick up and drop off, and there will not be additional charge. You can also cancel your reservation altogether and you will get your money refunded. You can also call periodically prior to your departure and see whether there are better deals and, if there are, they will adjust your rate.

Sounds like you may have been surfing their website. IMO, the best way to do this is to call and speak with an agent. They are open 24/7 but I would call on a weekday. Ask all the questions you have.

Toronto
Level Contributor
837 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: your experience with Auto Europe out of airport?

Okay...thanks, did not know that.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: your experience with Auto Europe out of airport?

I have been renting from AutoEurope for decades. They consistently have excellent prices and exemplary customer service. As mentioned, you can change a reservation at any time. I believe I just read this week, though, that they are now charging some kind of fee for cancellations within 72 hours of pickup time, so you might check with them about that (doesn't bother me in the least, but I suppose it might bother some). Do call them: 1-800-555-2333.

4. Re: your experience with Auto Europe out of airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 05:16