We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marseille airport to Marseille St Charles

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Marseille airport to Marseille St Charles

I am arriving at the airport at about 1415 in early November. I am not sure whether to use the bus or the train to get to my hotel which is near Marseille St Charles railway station. Could anyone advise please?

Secondly, I have to get to the cruise terminal at lunchtime from Marseille St Charles the following day. Is a taxi the best method and what would be the likely cost?

I am travelling alone.

Many thanks.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marseille airport to Marseille St Charles

From the airport to Marseille St Charles you have a regular shuttle bus that takes about half an hour and costs very little, €3 or €4 from memory.

Sorry can't advise on Marseille taxis.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marseille airport to Marseille St Charles

The shuttle bus runs frequently and goes to the bus station that is beside St Charles station. The train service is less frequent but, if you are lucky with the timing, can be more frequent. You would have to get the rail ticket from a machine at the airport and then take a shuttle to the local station at Vitrles - these are timed to coincide with trains. A timetable is given on the Marseilles Aeroport website.

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marseille airport to Marseille St Charles

Guesstimate for the taxi 30€?

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marseille airport to Marseille St Charles

Thanks for your help.

5. Re: Marseille airport to Marseille St Charles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:21