We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car and Driver

Mount Vernon...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car and Driver

We will be getting off a cruise ship in Marseille and have a very short window with a couple sites we would like to see. We are looking to just rent a car and driver for a half day (about for hours) to pick us up right off the ship, shuttle us a couple places, and hold our luggage. Any suggestions on good reputable companies that might provide this service (or idea of what it would cost to hold a cab for this amount of time). There will just be two of us, so we are looking for a car...not a coach.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car and Driver

Just rent a car and drive yourselves.

You'll save yourselves a fortune.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 00:42
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
15,729 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car and Driver

Based on info from this page marseille.fr/sitevdm/…taxis-a-marseille

under Tarifs Taxi 2014 I found a pdf file with a rate of 27.60 euros per hour +a rate for traveled distance which is a bit complicated to figure out but starts a 6.86 and then could be as high as 2.00 per kilometer

if you use google map from port to the attractions you want to see you would get the kilometers traveled. so for 4 hrs and 50 km you are probably looking at over 200 euros. or between $275. and $300usd.

there are a few limousine services with driver but can not find any with online prices; you would have to email. one example http://uk.amp-limousine.com/

Mount Vernon...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car and Driver

Thanks so much for the info. I think we have it figured out!

Marseille, France
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car and Driver

Hi Carrie,

I live in Marseille, I'm French and I know my city, I know the best corner and secret place, if you are interested I can be your driver for you and family, friend or just you I don't know how many you are. I love my city and it's a pleasure for me to show all the best place. But just 4 hours is very short. Let me know.

See you

Louisville, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car and Driver

We will be in Marseilles port on August 07, 2014 Oceania cruise, Rivera ship.

We need you to pick us up and show city and some shopping for 5 hrs

It will be (4) four of us.

Please let us know your cost. My e-mail: alexpost502@gmail.com

Thanks.

6. Re: Car and Driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 23:05
7. Re: Car and Driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2016, 05:15