We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in marseille for 4 days!

Which Marseille hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asuncion, Paraguay
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in marseille for 4 days!

Hi ! Me and my boyfriend are now in Paris and we are going tomorrow to marseille by train. I'd love if you could give me a hand on where to stay. We are 29 and 33,from paraguay, enjoy eating different things and sort of make a gastronomic tour ourselves, have a drink late at night, ride a bike through the hole city... We are going to be in marseille from tomorrow 5th of June until the 9th when we return to Paris to go back home. Any ideas about quartiers? Thanks !

Oh! Price... Mmm I don't know how much is a regular hotel, we don't want the best of the best, but neither a bad bad place, better if it's a rental apartment in a well located neighbourhood, with easy transport and services.

Here in Paris we are having a blast in Saint Germain (pointing out just as an example of what we look for)

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in marseille for 4 days!

What you are looking for is more like Aix-en-Provence, not Marseille.

So since you have no prebooked accomodations I would definitively switch to Aix: artsy, walk around, night life place...like Saint Germain.

You can always go to Marseille for a day and see essentials, easy train or bus.

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in marseille for 4 days!

Start looking at hotels on TripAdvisor first and if you hesitate on location ask the community. We don't know your price point so you need to do the initial research.

Asuncion, Paraguay
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in marseille for 4 days!

Thanks lou!! We'll go check out Aix en Provence for 2 nights and decide there if we stay longer o go to marseille!

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in marseille for 4 days!

There is no not liking Aix. It is the perfect city. The only thing missing is the Mediterranean... :-D

The Cours Mirabeau at night is very animated. There is no equivalent really in Marseille.

I would also suggest spending a day in Cassis and visit the world renowned calanques, nice boat ride.

5. Re: Where to stay in marseille for 4 days!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:16