We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis at cruise ship terminal

Nevada
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
489 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis at cruise ship terminal

Hi Experts/Locals:

How readily available are taxis at the cruise ship terminal? I have looked at the cruise ship port MAP already. I understand medium to larger size ships are spread out and dock further out than the smaller ships, so thinking just get off ship and hire taxi into Old Port. Are there taxi stand right where ships docked or passengers have to walk a distance to them.

Also I read somewhere to Old Port it might be too short a distance for taxi and they may refuse, is that true? And cost around 20-30 euros one way?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

This will probably help you:

tomsportguides.com/Marseille-06-28-2013.pdf

Nevada
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

Thanks, datthecoast: I actually have that link and must not have studied it hard enough. Useful, tons of information.

Looked like my ship is the only one docking that day with just over 1000pax.

If I am reading it correctly, the option of using ship's shuttle (assuming mine has one) @15-23 euro @pax x2 round trip means it is about 46 euros vs taxi 27-32 euros +tips, round trip would be around 70 euros.

I just need to get to the shuttle bus stop Vieux Port indicated on the map, then walk 5-10 minutes around to the south side of the Old Port. And the return trip is just the reverse route. Approximate time for one way is about 15 minutes??

Nevada
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

But the map still does not tell me how far taxi stand is from where the ship will be docked?

Edited: 30 June 2014, 05:18
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

Sorry....I can't help you with any ship info

I know Marseille well but I have not been out to La Joliette in a while. No reason to.

I've never been on a cruise (never will).

Maybe you might try cruisecritic.com

Or someone else might chime in here to help you.

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

To save cost take public transportation:

http://www.rtm.fr/en/travellers-guide/getting-around/route?depart=11726$JOLIETTE$2$13055$$$&arrivee=12178$VIEUX%20PORT$2$13055$$$&date=2014-06-30%2000:00:00&hour=14&minute=49&sens=1&optimize=fastest&mode=transit&numDep=&numArr=

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

If copy pate ink doesnt work www.rtm.fr

Nevada
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

Thanks LouGari for your help.

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

You are welcome.

Long Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

We are interested in a tour of the key highlights of Marseille, France. We will be arriving by the Celebrity ship on 10/15 and would like to join a small group tour. Please send information and cost, etc. via email at: denisavag@aol.com

regards

Denis avagliano

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxis at cruise ship terminal

Hi,

It is a good idea to start your own thread when you have a question.

DEs are volunteers that help travelers, not travel agents, thus we don't quote things: you need to do some research on your own and book your tour. DEs or other travelers can possibly give advice between different tours you may find.