We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suite or Villa?

Which Saint-Remy-de-Provence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hermosa Beach, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Suite or Villa?

Hello... I am in charge of arranging accommodations for my wife, 2 year old daughter and 70 year old in laws for a week (late July to early Aug).. It seems like St. Remy is a great choice but the villas I have found are either booked (the good ones) too big (4-5 BRs and thus too expensive) or just plain out-dated/scrappy. Also, some of the spots seem pretty remote which might get old for seven days. I have thought about a nice hotel (the party is fairly particular when it comes to decor/modern upgrades, etc.) but with the baby and the long stay, we really would like a kitchen for easy meals for us and the baby and of course not having to eat out constantly. I have scoured this site but haven't had much luck finding the ideal spot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,138 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suite or Villa?

St-Rémy is VERY popular, and you are looking for a rental at the height of the summer season. You could try Maussane-les-Alpilles, not far from St-Rémy, or Uzès, or Isle sur la Sorgue...or many other locations. But you need to book something very quickly, given the demand at that time of the year. Good luck!

Alabama
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suite or Villa?

Look in the vacation rentals by owner on vrbo.com. You might also use the following website for reference: http://www.provence-hideaway.com or www.luberonexperience.com/resources.htm I have heard in more than one post to try to stay outside large cities or you will have a difficult time getting in and out of the city with all the traffic. I hope you all find something special and that you have a wonderful time.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suite or Villa?

St Remy is very popular so the villas go at a premium.

Look to the wider area as other posts have suggested but remember this is Provence and not everything is going to be state of the art - part of the regions charm.

Good luck.

Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suite or Villa?

Your biggest problem is that you are now (really late) in trying to book a place to stay -with at least 3 bedrooms -right at the beginning of the high tourist season, in one of the most popular vacation sites in France.

You might want to take a look at: valleedesbaux.com Don't know if it's available, but it's worth checking out.

If not, just keep looking, and especially check out the rental places listed on the various village tourist office sites for nearby towns.

5. Re: Hotel Suite or Villa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 13:18