We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If not St. Remy, Arles, or Aix...then where please?

Which Saint-Remy-de-Provence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
If not St. Remy, Arles, or Aix...then where please?

Hello - I have been perusing the threads and love the wealth of information - Thank you for all of your contributions to my research too!

My Mum and I are planning a trip for September...Provence our location of choice now...we will rent a car and I will drive to explore. I am first trying to imagine a home base....and have developed some ideas of what to consider...I would like a central location for our week long trip to Provence. I would like a spot that has walking distance to restaurants as I do not want to get caught with too much wine in my head. But I do appreciate the idea of not being caught in heavy traffic in any of these towns or spending our precious days looking for parking. See I have been paying attention.

I have been previously and briefy in Provence and it filled my heart with joy....I stayed in Nimes and visited Aix, Arles and Les Baux, La Turbie too?? Or am I making this up? So I want a home base for this trip so we can really explore and indulge...thoughts please?

1. Re: If not St. Remy, Arles, or Aix...then where please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 November 2015, 20:57
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If not St. Remy, Arles, or Aix...then where please?

I will try to answer this as best possible...with my limited knowledge...

I would love to see again Arles and Aix... I want to see the hilltop villages like Les Baux - we love Antiques, wine, art adn architecture, history...herbes de Provence...pottery...not helpful I guess.

Maybe we do look at options in Arles or Aix so that we can stick with the dining out and walking. As I am with Mum and will be away from my husband and children i think that sticking with the plan of walking at night is good...if I was there with my hubby I can't imagine anything more decadent than returning to our rental with bread, wine and other decadence of the region....but Mum and I are not such scintillating company as that....so a little people watching, some culture in the evening is top of the list.

Thank you for your speedy response it is helpful!

3. Re: If not St. Remy, Arles, or Aix...then where please?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 November 2015, 20:57
4. Re: If not St. Remy, Arles, or Aix...then where please?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 00:19