We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Toulon from Nice

Aiea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Toulon from Nice

I'm flying to Nice in June. I want to get from the Nice airport to Toulon and am thinking the train is the way to go. Has anyone done this and is it easy? I guess I'm trying to figure our if getting to the train station in Nice from the airport is easy.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Toulon from Nice

The train will be easy and the station is pretty centrally located in Toulon. The views are great, too.

From Nice airport you get to the Nice-Ville main railway station (located on Avenue Thiers) by airport bus = 4 euros or taxi = tens of euros.

The closest station to the airport is Nice - St Augustin, but will not be an easy walk especially with some luggage. Also airport shuttle & walk is possible (note that the shuttle is usually crowded).

Plan your trip by train at voyages-sncf.com (or tgv-europe.com). Note that not all trains stop at Nice St Augustin. Allow some 90 minutes from your landing time to train departure time at Nice-Ville. Tickets can be bought in advance in the Internet, or at the station.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Toulon from Nice

Hi FinlandTimo. I will be making the same trip in July so thanks fort the information. Am I right in saying that St Augustin is actually the closest staion to the airport is St Augustin but that it's more convenient to get to the main Nice- Ville one?

Finland
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Toulon from Nice

St Augustin is the closest but a bit tricky to get there with heavy luggage especially using the shuttle and walking the rest of the way. Not sure what a taxi driver would react to the short trip, you might try! We have never used St Augustin but a TER we've been on has stopped there many times.

4. Re: Getting to Toulon from Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Toulon