We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in The Alps in Summer

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
791 posts
271 reviews
Save Topic
Where in The Alps in Summer

We are considering a 3 day side trip from Paris this August. Alpine lakes, stunning views and having some downtime after touring seems like a good plan. Because it will be a short trip, I am looking for something reached within about 4 hours via train from Paris. I am looking for suggestions on where to base ourselves.

1. Re: Where in The Alps in Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 December 2015, 18:46
Talloires, France
Level Contributor
362 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in The Alps in Summer

Annecy is beautiful! If you want a smaller place then Talloires offers real French charm and it is only 20 minutes from Annecy train station. Have a look at Le Cottage in Talloires. It is right by the lake and offers the best views!

Your other option would be Chamonix, right by the foot of Mont Blanc. The surroundings are spectacular!

Haute Savoie, France
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in The Alps in Summer

i also concur, Annecy is stunning - the lake in summer is gorgeous, surrounded by trees and with the mountains in the distance, its like a postcard, however it is a very popular and busy destination. and you wont be in the alps, although you will see tons and tons of mountains around you.

if you take a train to Aime La Plagne, you have reached the Alps! I went up to Vallandry this summer and it was great. people were picnicking and BBQing, the sky was filled with hang gliders, there was beach volleyball going on in a court that had been set up right below the main lift.

there are many other gorgeous areas around too, of course, but i suggested here as its not too far from the train station. to get to Aime, its 3 hours Paris to Chambery, then 1.5 hourse to Aime. the total travel time will depend on how long your connection is.

peisey-vallandry.com/www-accueil-390-ETE-UK-…

4. Re: Where in The Alps in Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 05:18