We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon at lake annecy

morayshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
honeymoon at lake annecy

I am trying to sort out my honeymoon in lakeannecy. Can anyone tell me if sevrier is a nice location, for walking cycling and sightseeing.

I have seen a hotel called aubege le letraz which i fancy but it only has one review on trip advisor.

Also i have seen a company called reading rooms travel agency which trade under lakeannecy.com, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, as this is one holiday i really dont want to mess up.

WA, USA
Level Contributor
371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon at lake annecy

I spent a month in Sevrier while I was studying in Annecy in '06. I think I remember the hotel you mentioned from walking by it on the bike path, but I'm not certain.

There is a bicycle path around the lake and we would typically walk along the path to and from Annecy once or twice a day. The path is mostly near the shore and is very pleasant - quite popular with pedestrians, cyclists and roller skaters. We really enjoyed the view from our balcony in Sevrier as we looked down on the lake and across to the Chateau Menthon St Bernard, straight across from us. Traffic can be a bit nasty at rush hour, but rent a bike and you'll be fine.

The only restaurant we've eaten at in Sevrier is l'Arpège, which is guite good, extremely friendly and has a great view. We ate there three or four times. There's a blanchisserie on the lake side of the highway that is run by an extremely friendly Portuguese woman. Other than that we actually spent most of our time in Annecy.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon at lake annecy

yes letraz, but ask for a room lake-side :

www.auberge-de-letraz.com

and fo your honeymoon, if you have a lot of money :

www.marcveyrat.fr

one of the greatest "french cuisinier" , of course very, very expensive ....but it's your HM ....

3. Re: honeymoon at lake annecy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 00:16