We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Geneva to Annecy

Which Annecy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
São Paulo, Brazil
14 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Geneva to Annecy

Hello,

I'm arriving at Geneva airport on a Sunday at 14:00 to reach Annecy at the same day.

I understand that the bus is the best option, but the next one after lunch is 17:15, so I would have to wait for some time (just confirming: the buses work on sundays right?).

Do you think that under these conditions would be worthwhile to get the train?

Also, I would be willing to pay for a taxi (I want to arrive in Annecy as soon as possible), but, of course, that depends on the price, any idea of the cost? Where should I get the taxi?

Thanks for your attention!

Roberta

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Geneva to Annecy

I don't have specific local knowledge, but in general if there is a train, use that in preference to a bus.

Don't even think about a taxi, unless you plan on making a substantial contribution to the Swiss/French economy (much too expensive for mere mortals).

Have a great trip!

London
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Geneva to Annecy

DEFINITELY the wrong advice to get the train - you are travelling from Switzerland into France, and there are very few trains directly from Geneva to Annecy. And those that do go, leave from a smaller station in the outskirts of Geneva, not the main station.

If you look back at recent postings on this forum, you will see that the best method of reaching Annecy is indeed using Frossard bus service - yes you will be OK on Sunday. To catch the bus you refer to, you need to get the train from the airport to the central station in Geneva (unmarked bus stop at the front of the station)or go to the bus station in Geneva to get the same bus, at 5.15pm (easy to find the bus station even if you are unfamilar with Geneva)

A taxi will be approx 00 euros, perhaps more on a Sunday - dont just hail a Swiss one, order an Annecy one, eg http://www.annecy-taxi.net/index.html

3. Re: Transportation from Geneva to Annecy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 02:18