We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
298 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

Hi,

I will be in Annecy during the first week in June. I need to get to the Geneva airport on Sunday for a 12:15 flight. The way I read the bus schedule, the only buses to the airport on Sundays are either leaving Annecy at 6:00 am or arrive in Geneva at 12:00pm. Am I reading this right? If so, is my only choice to take a cab from Annecy to GVA?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eve

London
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

You need to get the 8.15 am bus from Annecy bus station, and get off at the Geneva bus station (very last stop) at 9.45am. You then walk a very short (5 minute) walk to the main Geneva train station (called Cornavin), from which trains go extremely frequently to the airport (1 or 2 stops). For example the 9.12 train arrives at the airport at 9.29 am

Geneva, Switzerland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

Hello,

This makes you a very long trip for a very short distance trip.

With a private transfer, you could leave Annecy around 10:00 and get to Geneva in about 35 minutes. I do not know the cab prices, but the private transfers should be costing you around EUR 90. You may want to use this company : …marsatis.com/Geneva-airport-transfers/genev…

Good trip !

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

As always with questions of this kind specific information is a prerequisite. If your 12:15 departure from GVA is a direct flight to the US you need to be at GVA by 09:30, 09:45 at the latest.

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
298 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

Thanks for your responses. My flight is international ( I should have mentioned that!) so I would need about two and a half hours at the airport prior. It looks like the car transfer will be my best option. I'll have to bite the bullet and spend the 90 Euros.

Thanks again for all the quick responses,

Eve

5. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 12:59
London
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

It's usually cheaper to use an Annecy taxi company than a Swiss one

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
298 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

Someone had included a link in another thread to an Annecy taxi company that does it for 90 Euros. I think I will contact them. Thanks for all your input!

Eve

8. Re: Transport from Annecy to GVA for 12:15 flight on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:25