We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autocar from Annecy to Lyon Part dieu

China
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Autocar from Annecy to Lyon Part dieu

I booked via sncf two tickets to Lyon Part Dieu train station. Ijust realized it is autocar. Where is the place to take autocar in Annecy? What is the chance of not arriving in Lyon on time? I need to catch TGV to Avignon from Lyon, the train leaves in 15 mins.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Autocar from Annecy to Lyon Part dieu

The bus station in Annecy is right next to the train station. Autocars are normally on time, but with 15 minutes as a time gap you risk to miss your train even with an insignificant delay of 4-5 minutes. Lyon Part Dieu is a big train station, and even if you're familiar with it you need at least 7-8 minutes to make connection while running all the time. If you don't know the station 15 minutes is a bare minimum! But if you miss the train due to the delays from the part of SNCF you can take the next one.

China
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Autocar from Annecy to Lyon Part dieu

thank you

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Autocar from Annecy to Lyon Part dieu

http://www.gares360.com/itiview/?project=101

As you notice, it is a long way from "gare routiére "-bus station- to trains.Part Dieu is big and always busy.

I'd suggest you take an earlier TER train/bus from Annecy.

I should think there is no need to change tickets as Regional Express network tickets are valid for 2 months after purchase .No reservation ever needed.Just take any train and validate (stamp)your ticket before getting on board.

…ter-sncf.com/Images/…04aff_tcm-31-19821.pdf

4. Re: Autocar from Annecy to Lyon Part dieu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Annecy