We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Annecy, camping with teenagers!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Annecy, camping with teenagers!

We intend spending a week in July camping with our two teenage girls,13 and 16 at Lake Annecy. Can anyone recommend a suitable campsite, lively with a nice pool etc. Thanks.

La Vieille Ville
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Le Semnoz
Mountains, Hiking Trails
Gorges du Fier
Nature & Wildlife Areas
London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Annecy, camping with teenagers!

Last year we stayed at Camping Les Fontaines and have booked to go back again this year we loved it so much

It's situated to the south of the lake set back in a lovely quiet setting,it's not a big site but good facilities with 2 pool areas - 1 main swimming/sunbathing pool and 1 with water slides,there is a nice bar/ restaurant with Wifii(chargeable),a games room and table tennis

There is some entertainment put on - fairly low key

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Annecy, camping with teenagers!

I spent two weeks vacationing on the Lac d'Annecy just outside the town of Saint-Jorioz. I wasn't camping but I explored all around the lake and I think for kids Saint-Jorioz would makes the best base. It's got the best beach area on the lake (some towns don't have much beach area, if any) and there's a tower in the water for kids to climb and jump in the lake (no other towns have this). Plus there are loads of other water activities, though these can be found in other areas as well. But a big benefit is that the town has an ample amount of services and stores and a Super U supermarket that you can walk to. Plus, the lovely bike trail on the western side of the lake goes through Saint-Jorioz. You can look at the town website to see the list of campgrounds:

http://www.saint-jorioz.fr/fr/tourisme

3. Re: Lake Annecy, camping with teenagers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:16