We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit at St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet

Nottingham, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Transit at St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet

I plan to take TGV from Paris to Chamonix. I have to transfer the train at St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet. However,when I get off TGV at -Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet , I only have 7 minutes for catching up the last train for Chamonix on that day. Is it possible for hopping between two trains within 7 minutes? How many platforms in the St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet station? What direction should I go for saving time?

If I lose that train, what can I do? Are there any public transportations available from St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet station to Chamonix after 8:30 PM ? If I hire a taxi travel from St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet station to Chamonix, how much will it about cost?

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit at St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet

Cannot help you with the train info. as never done it.

I would have thought 7 minutes would be sufficient assuming you are not late.

However, if you are taxis in France do not normally queue up in a rank

You need to call the individual operator and get him to come out to you.

This is a link to some local taxi companies in Chamonix.

www.chamonix.net/english/transport/taxis.htm

I doubt the fare will be the right side of 25 euros.

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit at St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet

You should be fine, I think those trains are meant to connect. You do have to change platforms as I remember but they are close together, it's not a big station, maybe three platforms? I have a feeling that they may even hold the train to Chamonix if the TGV is a bit late as many people on it will be heading for Chamonix.

In case of disaster there are plenty of taxi companies to call, it would probably be useful to print a few out, and it will probably be more like 50 euros unfortunately.

3. Re: Transit at St-Gervais-Les-Bains-Le-Fayet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2011, 07:17