We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks, too long?

Albuquerque, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 weeks, too long?

I have never been to Europe or really anywhere exciting before. We are planning a two-week trip out there in the End of Sept/ early oct. (23-9th) We will be spending the first 5 days (or so) in Zermatt, but then heading to Chamonix for almost two full weeks. The others in my group are avid rock and ice climbers, and also ski. I can climb a little, but I am a beginner and by no means can climb for 2 weeks straight, much less a few days without being exhausted....and I don't really ski at all. What else is there at that time of year for me to do? Is two weeks too long to spend in this little town?

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks, too long?

You/your friends should be able to ski in Zermatt but you are visiting in the lowest of low seasons.

You will not be skiing in Chamonix.

Climbing is a totally different prospect. Yes you can and if the weather is OK then it will be fantastic.

Your options will be a little limited over a 2 week period as mentioned above it is low season and there will not be too much open.

That said the walking is great, you can visit Martigny , use the train.

Visit Geneva this will be relatively expensive as return taxi will be at leat 50 euros.

There is a bus company that does do day trips to different locations but I do notknow if they run them at that time of year.

You can check out most things at the tourist office www.chamonix.com.

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks, too long?

I like it at that time of year, it's very quiet. It makes quite a good base for trips in the area - you can go to Switzerland as mentioned and you should be able to get a bus to Courmayeur in Italy too, which is lovely. Email the tourist office to find out what excursions they're running. Unless you have a car?

3. Re: 2 weeks, too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 14:32
4. Re: 2 weeks, too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 05:17