We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

Planning our 4th vist in April and have yet to find a place after skiing where we can get a great selection of beer on tap. I know this is France with the best wine selection in the world but we are looking for a great beer after skiing all day. Help. Thank you.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

1664 is a good beer that you will find on tap (pression) everywhere in France, and likely in Chamonix. Otherwise, look for the Belgian monastery beers, like Leffe or Jupiler.

2. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 00:05
Essex
Level Contributor
26,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

Sorry buddin843, your MBC Micro Brewery sounds great, but self promotion is not allowed on TA

chamonix
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

I think that everyone in Chamonix would have the same suggestion: the MBC bar , opp the Cross Country Ski Centre on the road to Argentiere ax 5 mins walk out of Chamonix . Its a micro brewery so they have quite a selection of home brewed beers .

Other than that, the Chambre 9 bar (opp the railway station) is a good after ski place but with regular beers that you would find in most bars in town.

(ps: I have no connection with either).

Regards, Sean

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

Essex, I agree 1664 is a nice beer.

Sean, exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for including directions.

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

Does Chambre 9 still smell like a fish stall after the happy hour :DDDD

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

I would also recommend the MBC, all brewed on the premises and excellent. They do great Nachos too. :)

There is a local Mont-Blanc beer you can get which is nice, but it's bottled. I think only the MBC does interesting draft beers.

Chamonix, France
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

i would also recommend le vert hotel for beer on tap: carlsberg, warsteiner, grimbergen, guinness.

9. Re: Best beer on tap in Chamonix,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 06:16