We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mont Blanc tour

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Mont Blanc tour

Hi, Planning to do the tour this summer, can anyone suggested a 'secure' car park to leave the car while we do it? So far all I can see are public car parks and not sure how safe they would be. Thanks

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,539 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mont Blanc tour

Exactly which route are you taking? Where might your start point be?

Once I know this information I might be able to help with advise on a parking place.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mont Blanc tour

If you have accommodation booked can you not park there ?

failing that I do not know of any "secure" specific parking but that said crime in the valley is pretty non-existant. You get the odd pair of skis or a bike stolen but in 23 years I have never heard of a car going missing.

I see the same cars in the same parking positions at the grand Montet car park for a week at a time in late spring and summer.

I think your main concern will be expense. There is a free car park facing ENSF and the sports centre running track. If you are leaving from La Tour or Argentiere use the lift station car parks.

Nottingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mont Blanc tour

We're starting in Chamonix and going anti-clockwise round the tour.

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mont Blanc tour

Just posting to second what Redzed says. You could park it in a paying car park but I doubt it's any more secure than anywhere else.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,539 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mont Blanc tour

In that case, like Redzed says, use one of the car parks by the ENSF (off Route de Bouchet).

The same rules apply as anywhere - don't leave anything on display etc.

6. Re: Mont Blanc tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 03:16