We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield
Level Contributor
8 posts
403 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

My family will be in Chamonix on July 13th. We are definitely planning to ride both the Aiguille du Midi and telecabines to Helbronner point. I am confused about the tickets. Can you buy a ticket for both together or do you have to buy a separate ticket once you get to the top of Aigulle du Midi? As long as we arrive early, can we get tickets the same day? (We are on a round trip through France and I am not sure I will have access to the internet in the days before our arrival in Chamonix to make reservations) Do the gondolas to Helbronner point ever "sell out" or are you pretty much guaranteed to go once you get to the top and are willing to wait in line? Does anyone know if they take credit cards or is it cash only?

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

Can you buy a ticket for both together or do you have to buy a separate ticket once you get to the top of Aigulle du Midi?

- No, you can buy them together or separately

As long as we arrive early, can we get tickets the same day?

- Yes, but DO arrive early. That day will be very busy if the weather is good. Tour buses often arrive around 10, ideally get there well before. 8 is good!!!! If this isn't possible book and reserve a slot online. I must say this is not super easy, but it does work.

Do the gondolas to Helbronner point ever "sell out" or are you pretty much guaranteed to go once you get to the top and are willing to wait in line?

I have never known them sell out. Not that many people take it. it's pretty rare to even queue.

Does anyone know if they take credit cards or is it cash only?

They take cards at the base. I am not sure if they do at the top but you might as well get the ticket at the base anyway

The Hellbronner is a wonderful experience!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
44 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

When does the lift to Helbronner open and is there an online link that shows the schedule? I will be there the 15th to 17th of June and would love to take the trip.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

Hi, We will be there and are wanting the answer to this question too and the website isn't clear. can someone paste and copy the link to where we buy the online tickets please.

Thankyou

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
322 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

I looks like the lift opens at 6:30 am.

It sounds like anyone would be good without a reservation if they are there early say between 6:30 and 8:30.

I agree with the others, can someone please confirm.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

On the following link the first table shows you the Aiguille du Midi's opening times by date. The second table shows you the Panoramic Mont Blanc's (aka Helbronner) opening times.

chamonix.com/…horaires

Buy your passes here online:

https://www.ski-chamonix.info/

Chamonix, France
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

The lift company website is www.compagniedumontblanc.fr -- from there you have opening times for all the lifts in Chamonix including the Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner. You also have web cameras of the conditions at the top of the lifts. You can also buy tickets online from their links. The site is in several languages. The Helbronner lift is called the Panoramic du Mont Blanc on their website - hence perhaps the confusion - compagniedumontblanc.fr/panoramic-mont-blanc…

Note that the Helbronner can become closed due to high winds, even on a day that is sunny. It is a lift which goes mostly horizontally across the glacier, making it more sensitive to the cross winds along the glacier. It is only open in the summer season.

Edited: 09 July 2012, 23:58
7. Re: Confused about Aiguille du Midi and Helbronner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:45