We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas skiing

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
co fermenagh
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas skiing

I am looking for s/c accommodation in the Chamonix area preferably near the slopes as there is a 9 year old (2 familiies one with 4 and one with 5). With an indoor pool. I looked at Ginabelle but the rewiews on it where very poor so I thinking balcon du savoy but they seem cramped. Somebody must have a good idea where to stay

1. Re: Christmas skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2008, 20:34
reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas skiing

I agree with the other replier, there are not many appartments with indoor swimming pools.

Try the Chamonix Tourist Board www.chamonix.com or www.chamonix.net for lists of rental agencies.

Most appartments will be small, but it depends on your budget.

The best place to stay for convinience for skiing is Argentiere. This is 6kms up the valley from Chamonix but after 7pm the public transport stops so you would need a car to get to and from Chamonix. There are a few restaurants and bars. Loads of Ski shops 2 of which are adjacent to the lifts for Les Grands Montets lifts.

Chamonix , itself, has a big (50m) public pool with a water slide. The downside with Chamonix is that you have to bus from most of the main tourist appartments to the slopes. This is free with the liftpass but it can be a pain.

However, do not be put off the Chamonix Valley has some of the best and most varied skiing in the world, for begiiners to experts. I know I sound like a promotor but I really just love the place.

NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas skiing

I am looking for an apartment in Chamonix for 3 people. My wife and I are going with uor adult son. My wife does not ski and I thought of staying in town so that she could spend her day there.

We are on a budget. COuld you recommend a place?

Thank you.

yk2100

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas skiing

YK2001

Try http://www.grand-roc.com/

They ren primarily in Argentiere but for convinient skiing there is no contest compared to chamonix.

Your wife can get a ski bus , free of charge, anywhere in the valley and back to Argentiere.

If you are driving and your wife does not mind driving on the right then there is even less to be concerned about.

NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas skiing

Thank you. I will certainly try.

yk

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas skiing

I'd also recommend trying a self-catered chalet as suggested - another good one is Chalet La Foret

http://www.chaletlaforet.com

which sleeps ten and is in Les Praz de Chamonix - a short walk to the Flegere lift and a pleasant twenty minute riverside stroll to Chamonix leisure centre which has excellent facilities including a waterslide. NB - you are not allowed to wear bermuda shorts in the pool - men must wear speedo-type trunks!

The tourist office are also very helpful and well worth contacting.

Chamonix
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas skiing

You can E Mail me if you are still looking for a place. Rayinstandre@hotmail.com

Paris
Level Contributor
643 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas skiing

I stayed in Chamonix at Hotel Prieuré last Christmas and had a great time; no pool, but a nice jacuzzi and sauna.

9. Re: Christmas skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 19:17