We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nott
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

Since I will be arriving Geneva one week ahead of the Mont Blanc summit attempt, I am looking for an economical way to get myself to Chamonix. At the moment the amount of luggage seems to be manageable - one holdall and one rucksack. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!!

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

I would use one of the transfer companies.

I have always used Chamexpress but a friend of mine always uses Mountain Drop Offs.

Both, in our cases, have been 100% reliable.

Costs are around €30 each way.

Chamonix, France
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

There is a local bus service that is cheaper and run by SAT. It goes around the houses a bit but is cheaper than a transfer...but not by much.

sat-montblanc.com/fr/…telecharger.aspx

Bon voyage!

Paris
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

Hi,

I am a journalist working for the Swiss TV Channel RTS. We are preparing a documentary film on the Mont Blanc and therefore looking for people who will be summitting the mountain in August. Herbert, is that the case for you and if so, would you be interested in our project?

Thanks so much,

Lisa

lisamlouis@gmail.com

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
360 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

Herbert, there are plenty of transfer companies doing shuttles between Geneva airport and Chamonix which is probably your most convenient option. There is Alpybus, ChamExpress, Mountain Drop offs, Peaktransfer, etc... You can also post what you need on http://www.findtransfers.com/default.asp - quite a few local companies are on it. It all depends on what time your flight gets in really. :)

You can also try http://www.mountainrideshare.com/ for car pooling.

Nott
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

I had already summitted Mont Blanc earlier this month.

6. Re: Transfer from Geneva Airport (GVA) to Chamonix: economically

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:16