We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non ski activities

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Non ski activities

I will be visiting Chamonix for a week in February with my partner who is a keen skiier. I am not sure yet whether or not I will give skiing a try. The cost is prohibitive when I don't know whether I would take to it.

Whatever my decision I need some ideas for non skiing/ boarding activities and welcome all your suggestions.

I get discount on European train travel so would like to take advantage of that while my partner is skiing. I like swimming and spa treatments so recommendations for that would also be good.

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
358 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non ski activities

You could try skiing before you go. You can get a lesson in the Chill Factor in Manchester. Might help your decision on what to do when you are in Chamonix...

There are some nice spa hotels in Chamonix. For train journeys you can have a look on sncf.com for journeys in France and sbb.ch for train journeys in Switzerland.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non ski activities

There is a spa in Vallorcine about 45 minutes from Chamonix. It is very nice, according to my other half.

Train to Martigny is worth a trip.

Also a spa at St Gervais.

So no shortage of pampering, not mentioned the one or two in Chamonix.

Take the lifts up the mountains, not cheap though.

3. Re: Non ski activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:21