We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone rented from skiloc?

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Anyone rented from skiloc?

I'm looking to rent snowboard/boots, and been contacting rental shops, and this one seems to have the right equipment and they respond to emails fast. Just wanted to see if anyone rented from them and how customer-friendly they are if there are any issues, or need to exchange equipment/want a different board, etc.

Boston...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone rented from skiloc?

I am in the process of doing the same for March - Have you already been? Any suggestions?

I do find that they have been the most user friendly of the vendors in Chamonix in terms of website navigation/clarity as well as response time.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone rented from skiloc?

Yes, and I did end up renting from them. I recommend them over a few others mentioned on this site. They have two shops in town, seems to be a family-run business, reasonably priced and easy to deal with. I also rented a helmet cam from them for a day for ~20 euros. They didn't list it online, but they had it when I asked at the shop. We went for "advanced" level of equipment and it was in good condition, this years' model, and well taken care of.

I made a big post about my experiences here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187261-i1053-k711…

Cheers,

D

Boston...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone rented from skiloc?

Many thanks! I am going from the New England area so really looking forward to some above tree line skiing!

I will definitely read your post for info!

Regards!

4. Re: Anyone rented from skiloc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 07:20