We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable shuttle from Geneva airport

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable shuttle from Geneva airport

Peeps,

I understand this has been asked several times but all the responses i've found are slightly outdated.

I am trying to book a transfer with a somewhat reliable service, i understand that s**t happens and some people might have negative experiences with certain providers so I cannot draw any conclusions. I have excluded alpybus and chamexpress and i am leaning towards chamonix first and mountain drop-offs.

Also i was thinking to try chamonix shuttle where you can pay upon arrival and not at the time of the booking.

Has anyone tried that?

Any insight or further suggestions on the topic will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lef

Edited: 05 January 2014, 21:15
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable shuttle from Geneva airport

The companies you mention are all reliable and can be trusted. Look on their Facebook pages for genuine reviews from clients is my best advice as anything written in these forums needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable shuttle from Geneva airport

As previously posted I have no connections with any company.

My wife and I have used Chamexpress exclusively since April 2010, at least 20 trips, and have never had any issue what so ever. A friend uses Mountain Dropoffs again no issues.

The two times we had a delay with Chamexpress were due ENTIRELY to other passengers not turning up (forgot to cancel the booking) and a family who decided to go shopping at the arranged pick up time.

In both instances the driver tried phoning the clients mobile and went into the hotels to see if he could find them. Each delay was about 25 minutes and I believe the driver and the head office did well in excess of what was required.

As said in previous posts about this subject read the small print (it is in a normal font so it is not difficult) it explains exactly what will happen.

I am not recommending either company but I do think some posts are a little one sided and certainly in the case of the shopping family a total lack of consideration for anybody outside their own sphere.

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable shuttle from Geneva airport

Completely agree with the previous posts - these companies carry thousands of happy passengers every year but you only hear from the few where something went wrong which can always happen with any company imo.

It's a great idea to look them up on Facebook.

4. Re: Reliable shuttle from Geneva airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:30