We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

My friend and I are spending 3 nights in Chamonix end of May. We'd like to enjoy a one day trekking/ hiking trip in Chamonix. Can anyone suggest any trail that has combination of good view and easy to medium difficulty? I'm also into photography and would love to experience somewhere pictureque.

Thanks!

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

If you want a 6 hour plus hike then look at the Col de Montet to Flegere or continue on to Chamonix.

You will have stunning views of Mont Blanc etc and always the chance of spotting wildlife, as this is a nature reserve.

It is not too difficult , the ladders from the Aguillette de Argentiere are the worst bit and they are ladders so you should be OK.

Another hike although less in time only 2 to 2.5 hours is from the Aguille du Midi mid station (Plan de Aguille) to Montenvers. Again beautiful views and once at Montenvers you can either walkj back to Chamonix (2 hours) or take the train.

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

I'd agree with those - here's my list too

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19757-Five_Fav…

Edited: 27 April 2014, 14:43
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

Thanks guys for the info! Another question, what will the weather be like? Should i expect a lot of rain/ wet?

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

oh! I missed that you said end of May!!

Sorry - A lot of those walks are not accessible at that time. It's pretty early and most of the high walks will be impassable due to snow. You may be better off walking further down the valley, in Servoz for instance. In fact you might be able to do a nice walk from Les Houches to Servoz if you wanted a full day. I'll have a think.

Weather can be absolutely anything at that time, it is completely unpredictable. Usually it's pretty nice but it is highly variable at that time of year - you might be in shorts and t-shirts, and it might snow to valley level the next day.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

You should be OK , at the end of May, for the Plan de Aguille walk but saying that it is snowing heavily above 1500m at the moment.

But as Firebug says it can be anything.

6. Re: A day hiking/ trekking trip in Chamonix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:15