We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chamonix In and around half an hour drive

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Chamonix In and around half an hour drive

Hi,

I have been to Chamonix earlier. I have visited Aiguille du Midi and other peaks.

I was planning another visit to the region shortly and have been thinking of nice country side places to visit with good scenic views.

Can someone please guide such country side spots with nice photogenic views in about 30 mn drive from Chamonix town, preferably on the French side.

Your inputs are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Deepak

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chamonix In and around half an hour drive

Which other peaks have you visited already?

Bear in mind that 30 minutes isn't long - it will take you at least that long just to drive through the valley.

So you might include Argentiere/Col des Montets in this.

Plateau d'Assy would be another obvious one. It's a lovely day trip

Some photos etc here

chaletlaforet.com/blog/plateau-dassy-and-lac…

The Merlet Animal Park?

Do they have to be drives, or are you looking to drive and then walk?

Edited: 02 May 2014, 15:29
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chamonix In and around half an hour drive

Thanks. I am looking at reaching a point which may be a short drive from Chamonix town where I plan to base. Once I reach the intended point, I would like to walk around the area.

Thanks for the pictures. They look great.

I also read about the places surrounding Combloux village to be great scenic outdoors with views of mont Blanc and country side.

3. Re: Chamonix In and around half an hour drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:16