We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le brevent area.

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Le brevent area.

Hi there,

A friend and I are looking to book apartment le brevent which is basically next to the brevent gondola for a week in march 2015. Just looking for a few answers to the following questions. This is our first boarding holiday and mostly interested in boarding but wouldn't mind a few nights going for a few beers.

1. How far is it to walk (if within walking distance) to the bars/resteraunts?

2. How far is it to the free buses that you get as part of you lift pass?

3. Looking to book chamexpress transfers, is this company reliable?

4. Is there lockers at the ski resorts at the top or bottom of run you could leave a bag in?

Any other tips would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Belfast, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le brevent area.

Hi - I'm not an expert but since I'm on here:

1. It's a very short walk downhill - no more than 5/10 mins. Uphill on the way back but won't feel so bad with a few beers in.

2. Free buses drop off at Brevent during the winter from where you can easily get onto the bus network to go wherever you want, though it'll involve changing buses but they're really regular.

3. I've used chamexpress and they were fine for me.

4. Don't think there are lockers - but I've never looked for them.

If it's your first trip and there's just two of you, have you considered a catered chalet? There's a few more reasonably priced ones that do minibus transfers to lifts every morning - I stayed in Chalet Christol for a really decent price a couple of years ago which included airport transfers.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le brevent area.

That's for the reply, those were the answers I was hoping for. Re. the apartment, we are getting this for really cheap, and although it's very basic, it'll suit us perfect as we won't be in it apart from getting ready and sleeping.

Thanks again for the reply.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le brevent area.

I have used Chamexpress 30+ times and found them totally reliable.

The only issue I see with where you are staying is the bus from Brevente into the rest of the valley bus system. It really is not frequent enough.

I would be tempted to hike down the hill turn left at the roundabout and walk under the bridge , there is a bus stop for all services. It is not far but I would take the bus back up the hill.

The buses run to a timetable but at busy times can be a little erratic, they run but are not always on the dot.

I do not know of any lockers at any of the ski areas in the valley.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le brevent area.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah walking doesn't bother us at all so walking to where the bus will be is ok for us. Read good and bad things about chamexpress and alpybus bus I suppose you usually see more bad reviews about things rather the good ones.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le brevent area.

Sorry meant turn right at the roundabout

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le brevent area.

Thanks! That's us booked up. Fly to geneva at 10am 7th march of 1 week. Just need to sort transfers nearer the time and our lift pass for 6 days.

7. Re: Le brevent area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:17