We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chamonix 3 day trip/Montenvers/Aigule du midi

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Chamonix 3 day trip/Montenvers/Aigule du midi

Hello! My sister and I will be in Chamonix for three days at the end of July. I am wondering what the best use of our time.

I am interested in both the montenvers train/ice cave as well as the aigule du midi cable car. I also would like to do some light scenic hiking (preferably with easy access!) I am having trouble finding some info, and would really appreciate some help!

Some questions:

Are the "return trip" prices for aigule include both departing and returning tickets? Or just return? I am having trouble determining the total cost of the trip, (and if the multipass is worth it?)

Also, is the Helbronner continuation worth the extra time/money? Seeing as it is not part of the multipass...

Are there any accessible hikes with great views you would recommend?

Is it feasible to do both Montenvers and the Aigule du midi trip in one day? (Will it be too cloudy later in the day?)

Thank you for any help/information, I am very excited to visit Chamonix and still have to plan!

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chamonix 3 day trip/Montenvers/Aigule du midi

A return ticket is a return ticket covering both trips on the sections/lifts purchased for.

If you intend doing Hellbrunner, Montenvers and any other lifts I would buy the multi-Pass. It is much better value and means you can use it at the other areas.

The Petit Balcon Sud from Chamonix to Argentiere is good and easy in all aspects.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chamonix 3 day trip/Montenvers/Aigule du midi

Excellent! Thank you for your help!

3. Re: Chamonix 3 day trip/Montenvers/Aigule du midi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:15