We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Transfer Compant to use??? GVA to Chamonix.

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Which Transfer Compant to use??? GVA to Chamonix.

Seems to be whole lot of bad reviews on this board for Transfer / Shuttle companies.

Can anyone recommend a decent operator please?? - Geneva to Chamonix, one way....arriving around 8.30pm into GVA.

I have looked at a few and when you try to book, they put you on a 9pm shuttle.....is 30mins enough to land, get luggage and then find the shuttle....seems a little tight to me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Transfer Compant to use??? GVA to Chamonix.

I have always used Chamexpress, my friend uses Mountain Dropoffs; with no issues, and I see lots of Alpybuses around.

I think they are all OK but you need to reserve as early as possible, a bit like budget airlines you get what you pay for no more and , generally, no less.

Read their small print.

30 minutes can be a bit tight but in my experience the companies know what flight you are on and call you on your mobile. 45 minutes is fine and 1 hour no issues except you might be waiting around for 30 minutes.

Bear in mind these are scheduled services; not pick up are your convenience they will wait around a few minutes but there are other passengers they have to consider.

All the companies give you a range of times but if you are at the end of the day there might only be one available and if you are late then what are they supposed to do ?

2. Re: Which Transfer Compant to use??? GVA to Chamonix.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:17