We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easybus

Newcastle and...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Easybus

Has anyone used Easybus from Geneva International Airport to Chamonix Train Station?

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
Chamonix and Mont Blanc Day Trip from...
692 Reviews
from US$101.20*
Free Cancellation
Independent Chamonix and Mont Blanc...
138 Reviews
from US$69.50*
Free Cancellation
Private Tour: Mont Blanc and Chamonix...
2 Reviews
from US$356.58*
Free Cancellation
67 replies to this topic
reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easybus

I have not used them, yet, got 2 return trips booked in Jan/Feb.

There has been a lot of comments about their first day's operation and I don't know if it was one bus that was late or all of them.

Being as they run something like 16 return trips (32 one way) a day I am assuming that the rest went OK.

The thing you must be aware of is that they drop you off at Chamonix main train station. If you arrive after 8pm there is no public transport available!! Their website glossies over this. You are also unlikely to find a taxi.

A taxi from Chamonix to Argentiere is €40 each way.

My point is if you are not within a few hundred meters of the station you will have a long cold walk.

Mentioned in this post
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
Argentiere
Argentiere
Chamonix, France
Long Island City...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Easybus

I used Easybus to go to and from Chamonix over Christmas. It was terrible. Totally unreliable, do not book with them unless you can afford to be hours and hours late. Both my trips were late (one was 1.5hrs late), same with my two cousins and others I spoke to. They seem to not have enough vans for the departure times they sell - they skip departure times with no notice, then do not have enough seats in the van at the next departure time to take everyone. They left people stranded in Chamonix with no alternative. They have no ground staff in either Chamonix or Geneva airport. Don't be tempted by the low prices! I don't think they'll last long if they keep up this (lack of) service.

Mentioned in this post
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
Geneva Airport
Geneva Airport
Le Grand Saconnex, Switzerland
Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easybus

Same experience as poster - awful, unreliable, zero support. Avoid at all costs!

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easybus

Just for info.

Pick up point for passengers

At Geneva Airport, the bus departs from the Gare Routiere (Bus Lane) on the Arrivals Level of

the International Terminal. Exit from Door 3 to find the bus. There are also staff at the desk on the

Arrivals Level, turn left immediately after exiting baggage reclaim.

Hope that helps,

Kind regards,

easyBus

BUT ALLOW AT LEAST 2 HOURS ARRIVAL TIME AT GENEVA AIRPORT FROM YOU BUS TIMETABLE

Mentioned in this post
Geneva Airport
Geneva Airport
Le Grand Saconnex, Switzerland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Easybus

I went on them TO Chamonix...it was late, Im not sure how as they have no pickups....and I didnt realise I got dropped in the centre of Chamonix either. My own fault really as I was staying in Les Houches.

If you are a traveller on a budget then go for it. But I think Id pay an extra 10 euros for less stress, lol.

Mentioned in this post
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easybus

Typically a door to door shared taxi, Eg Chamexpress, Alpybus, Mountain Dropoffs etc etc, will cost around 35 euros each way.

Mentioned in this post
Chamexpress
Chamexpress
195 Reviews
Chamonix, France
AlpyBus
AlpyBus
301 Reviews
Geneva, Switzerland
Chelmsford
Level Contributor
24 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easybus

I have been going to Chamonix for twenty+ years and now use Shuttles Direct as they are the BEST !

Mentioned in this post
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
chamonix
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easybus

Thanks for this usefull information. I was hesitating asking them for a transfert next week. But now I have the confirmation of what people say in Chamonix. So I'll trust again Mountain Dropp Offs in Chamonix even if it's a little bit more expensive.

You always get confirmation of the pick up hour, name and tel no. of the driver, the day before departure.

Never missed my plane before!

Mentioned in this post
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easybus

hi you say pay extra 10 euros?? who is that travelling with please

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easybus

hi are there any new updates/developments regarding easybus from Geneva to Chamonix i need to get there and back in early June any info would be great regarding transfers thanks

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
Reply to: Easybus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted