We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalet Macambuse in Le Praz, Courchevel 1300 France

Which Courchevel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Chalet Macambuse in Le Praz, Courchevel 1300 France

My husband and I had a wonderful ski trip experience in the French Alps during the week of March 2, 2013. We stayed at a beautiful Chalet called Chalet Macambuse in Courchevel 1300 (also called Le Praz) run by an English couple, Clair and Martin. Le Praz is a quaint, small jewel of a French town in the Alps with beautiful architecture and it is part of the large Trois Vallees ski area. Coming from the U.S. we had never stayed in a Chalet and did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. Clair, Martin and Faith (the hostess) were all very friendly and helpful; they made us feel at home the moment we arrived. They and their staff went far and beyond our expectations. We found the room to be very comfortable (the towel warmer was a great touch) and the food was absolutely delicious. They had a very talented chef by the name of Patch who prepared three course dinners every night (except on Wednesday which was the staff’s day off). It was always a treat to sit down for dinner and see what beautiful looking and delicious tasting food presentations he had prepared for us. Staying in their Chalet was so much fun for us and we really enjoyed the company of the other wonderful guests who shared the Chalet with us during our week (they were all from England and Scotland). Skiing in the French Alps was absolutely the ultimate vacation. We got some great advice and helpful tips for skiing from the owners which made our skiing so much more fun. I am also so glad I listened to Martin and visited Brian in the ski rental shop downstairs. I didn’t know how bad my old skis were until I skied a day in the boots and skis he fitted me with. Thanks Brian.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would recommend Chalet Macambuse to anyone looking for great skiing, excellent food and friendly service. Well worth the distance we traveled from Atlanta.

Elizabeth

Atlanta, Georgia

1. Re: Chalet Macambuse in Le Praz, Courchevel 1300 France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Courchevel