We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time skiing in Europe and a bit confused - help!

Bunbury western...
Level Contributor
265 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
First time skiing in Europe and a bit confused - help!

I am thinking of booking a ski trip for 4 adults to Courchevel or Merribel next january as it seems to be the best resort area for convenience, ski-in/out and a good range of runs for intermediates. Our main priority is getting to the slopes quickly and easily. However I am confused by the accomodation options and booking. Some don't have a website (like Hotel St Louis) so what do you do? There seem to be a lot of 'chalets' on websites- do you have to be british to book these? Are they appartments or hotel rooms? I really want a small self contained appartment type of accomodation so we have at least a small kitchenette and private lounge area for the 4 of us. Where do I look and what would this be called (I can't seem to find it with my searches). I am happy to have half board HOWEVER we have food issues/ allergies (1 allergic to gluten, 1 allergic to dairy, 1 vegetarian) which means I need to be sure we will be catered for properly and not just fobbed off with a tiny selection or worse a teenage staff member asking "what's dairy include?" (don't laugh it has happened). I'm also wondering what the quality/ style of food provided would be (English? French? American?) My ideal would be a small building of appartments with catering by a small, personal management team. Or should we plan to self cater and if so should I expect the kitchen to be fully equipped and are there supermarkets which we can get to easily? Also any advice re Courchevel vs Merribel gratefully received. Thankyou!

11. Re: First time skiing in Europe and a bit confused - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Courchevel