We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in Lyon

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 night in Lyon

Hello,

I am planning a one night dinner and stay in Lyon before flying out around 2pm the next day and it sounds like Vieux Lyon is a lovely location, but I'm wondering if it will be practical? We will have a car - will it be hard to get parking? Any suggestions for good accommodation (with parking?) in Vieux Lyon? Or should we drop the car off and get alternative transport to the airport?

Merci,

Amy

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in Lyon

We stayed at Hotel D'Artistes (part of Exclusive Hotels group) in Lyon near the old city 2 years ago. The hotel was reasonably priced and a good location (near the old city, restaurants, Parking garage within a block of the hotel, easy access in and out of town). We were there for a few days and used the car to get to other destinations within the area. I am not sure if you need a car in town, but we had no difficulty driving to the airport from our location. I am not sure how much a taxi would cost, but the parking fees were not outrageous and it took us less than half an hour to get to the airport.

jhgrady

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in Lyon

The Villa Florentine is superb - on the hill side above the old town with car parking.

Its expensive but well worth it. If you do go insist on a table in the restaurant with a view over the city when you book.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in Lyon

If you want to stay in the Vieux Lyon, you'll find parking facilities on the river Saône bank. The whole district is pedestrain, so you will not be allowed to drive to your hotel door. There is one exception that is the Cour des Loges, they have a private parking facility not far from the hotel.

You have to tell us more about your budget. Villa Florentine and Cour des Loges are both great hotels, but expensive. If you can't afford it, I would suggest that you stay in the city center (the part between the Rhône and the Saône, called "Presqu'île").

I like the Hotel des Artistes too, of course not the same standard than the 2 above, but very nicely located.

A taxi to the airport will charge approx. 55 € (more at night), is definitively more expensive than the parking.

4. Re: 1 night in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 11:24