We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B and B

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Level Contributor
130 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
B and B

My husband and I are planning a trip to France for later this year and would like some recommendations for centrally located B&Bs. We will be driving so will need a car space. We would also like internet access. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know anything about Le Jardin D'Hiver? I'm not sure if it has parking but it seems to be centrally located. Any information you can give me regarding accommodation would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B and B

I don't know Jardin d'Hiver, it seems it it a rather recent opening, now listed on the tourist info website. It is centrally located in a pedestrian street close to place Bellecour. I knew an alternative B&B, located on place Bellecour, called Bellecour sur Cour (good reviews here), but it seems it is not operating any more (can't find their website!). You might want to search for alternatives here :

…lyon-france.com/Bed-and-Breakfast/…25

You won't find any private parking space staying in the city center. But there are many public underground parking facilities very close; here is the website with all useful infos:

www.lpa.fr/lpa/lesParcs.aspx…

Canberra
Level Contributor
130 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B and B

Thank you for the information. The websites you have given me are really useful. I'm still not sure which B&B to stay in but hopefully it will become clearer as I keep looking.

3. Re: B and B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 15:05
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B and B

I am in a similar dilemma. I have narrowed my choices down to Evasion Loft, Sefid et Tousi, La Merciere or Bienvenue chez Sophie et Olivier. My two preferences at this stage are Evasion Loft and Sefid et Touse but I am having trouble finding reviews of any, with the exception of Evasion Loft which has excellent reviews. My only hesitation here is that is appears to be a more modern establishment and I was rather hoping for something more "traditional" . We also will be visiting from Australia later in the year (October). If anyone can assist in helping to decide between these four establishments it would be greatly appreciated, and may also help Marggy Canberra if she hasn't already decided.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B and B

Sorry I can't help you, as you see there are no reviews on these B&Bs, not even on French websites...

I can only confirm what you pointed out: Evasion loft with its 4 rooms doesn't seem to be a "traditionnal" B&B where you are properly hosted.

My only comment as a local is about location: both B&B you've selected are located in the 6th arrondissement, that's fine but be aware that you will have to take the public transportations to get to the points/areas of interest (Evasion Loft is close to a metro stop but Sefid et Tousi is not).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B and B

Thanks only-lyon. Your comments about distances have been noted. It would be preferable to be within walking distance of most places of interest.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B and B

As Lyon center is not very large, you will be able to walk everywhere since you stay in a central location. Having to take the métro is not a big deal though if the B&B and its environment is nice.

Canberra
Level Contributor
130 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: B and B

Hi Molletts. No we haven't booked yet. I had decided to go with Le Jardin D'Hiver and they were very responsive with answering emails (which is always a good sign). Unfortunately, they were booked on the nights we wanted. Although we wanted to stay in a B&B, we are now looking at the possiblity of staying in a hotel. Good luck with finding somewhere and enjoy your holiday!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: B and B

Hi Marggy, Like you we were hoping to stay in a B&B but the lack of reviews concerns me. I really rely on TripAdvisor when I am booking accommodation. I am also now thinking of a hotel as I would like to stay in a place with some "authentic" French atmosphere and the B&B's I have seen appear to be more modern decor. The only one that looks like what I have in mind is Sefid et Tousi but apparently it is not within walking distance of attractions and is not near a Metro station. Also I am finding that some of the websites are in French and I can't find an English translation. If I find a really interesting place I will come back to you. In the meantime good luck to you in finding somewhere and enjoy your holiday.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: B and B

Hi again Marggy. I have just found a site www.lyonhotels.co.uk which gives a map of the city with the hotels and a selection of 2, 3 or 4 star hotels. I have put in an availability search and will search these on TripAdvisor. Thought you might be interested in this site.