We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying out Monday morning - hotel and car return help!

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying out Monday morning - hotel and car return help!

We will be in Lyon for a wedding in early October. We will be arriving from Paris around 1200h Thursday and spending the afternoon and evening in Lyon (Mercure Beaux Arts). Sometime Friday afternoon, after some exploring, we will be picking up the car and driving to Le Perreon for the weekend festivities. As we are flying out early Monday morning (7am), I would like to spend Sunday driving to Perouges and then back to Lyon for late afternoon and dinner, then off to bed. I'm looking for a reasonable priced and clean hotel west of city center that will also have a metro to take to Vieux Lyon, but not too far that our Monday morning drive is hectic. Since we will likely leave around 5, I don't anticipate much traffic??

Alternatively,...I was wondering if it would be more practical, instead, to drop off car on Sunday and take taxi to airport on Monday? I have not yet booked our car arrangements. It looks like some car rental agencies are not open on Sunday, however.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Lancaster...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying out Monday morning - hotel and car return help!

Thought I would bump this just to get peace of mind.

We are staying at the Hotel Athena near Part Dieu after returning our car on Sunday. Can someone confirm that we will be okay if we get the first Rhone Express at 5am from Part Dieu to LYS? Our flight departs at 7:05 on Swiss European Airlines. Also, should we buy our tickets in advance?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying out Monday morning - hotel and car return help!

Barring extremely bad luck you'll have no problems in catching your flight after taking the first Rhone Express at 5 AM. Normally even the next one, that leaves at 5.30 is a solid possibility, but I would not recommend this option to first timers. Lyon airport is small and not complicated, I frequently use it in the mornings and it never took me more than 20-25 minutes to check-in and pass the security control.

3. Re: Flying out Monday morning - hotel and car return help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 15:15