We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Lyon near the Part Dieu train station

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watertown, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Lyon near the Part Dieu train station

I have been trying to find a reasonably priced hotel that is near the Part Dieu train station in Lyon, but fairly accessible to shopping/sightseeing. Do you have a recommendation?

my e-mail is philip.a.gosvener.ctr@us.army.mil

LONDON
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Lyon near the Part Dieu train station

I will be staying at the Premiere Classe Lyon. You can read reviews on Tripadvisor. My deal was reasonably priced, but i haven't stayed there yet, so cannot say if it is good value! I booked through Expedia and chose the hotel because of it's central location.

The hotel is very close to Part Dieu station.

premiereclasse.com/hotel/…lyon.htm

Texas
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Lyon near the Part Dieu train station

No need to stay by the train station - it's very close to the center of town and you can walk from the Presqu'ile to the train station in 20 minutes or take the bus/tram/metro. You'll enjoy your stay far more if you stay in the main shopping/tourist area. Look at only-lyon's many posts for suggestions about hotels there.

Enjoy!

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Lyon near the Part Dieu train station

Bartstar, I wouldn't exactly say that the Premiere Classe is "very close" to the station. However, you can walk from the hotel to the train station; a taxi isn't needed. When you arrive, find the Sortie Vivier Merle (the street on which the hotel is located) and turn left. (I wrote this bit of detail in my journal).

Papagos, my husband and I vowed that if we ever returned to Lyon, we would want to stay in the Vielle Ville.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
977 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Lyon near the Part Dieu train station

There are only two good reasons to choose Part Dieu area as place of residence. Either you come to Lyon for business and you'll be busy in that particular area or you come to Lyon just for one night and your train leave very early in the morning. In all other cases I would advice to choose a hotel closer to the historical centre of the city.

5. Re: Hotel in Lyon near the Part Dieu train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2012, 10:24