We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Lyon - Part Dieu Station and beyond

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PHila PA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paris to Lyon - Part Dieu Station and beyond

My daughter is travelling from Paris to Lyon and will end up at the Part Dieu station. How far is that to her residence hotel (Sejours et Affaires Lyon Vaise) Does she have to take a metro train from that station to get closer to where she will be staying? Help!!!

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
956 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Lyon - Part Dieu Station and beyond

Yes, it's a long way to go there on foot, so your daughter have to use public transport or taxi. If she goes on a metro she will have first to take the line B, change it for line D at Saxe Gambetta stop and continue till either Gorge de Loup or Valmy stops. Or she may just take C6 bus and go to Valmy without any transfers. Check www.tcl.fr site for more information.

PHila PA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Lyon - Part Dieu Station and beyond

Thank you so much for that info. She's going to have luggage and will have already travelled from the airport to the train to get to Part Dieu so I am thinking that maybe she just get a taxi. What do you think that would cost?

Thanks again, I surfed all night trying to figure out how to get her to the hotel!

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
956 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Lyon - Part Dieu Station and beyond

You're welcome! It's not difficult to use public transport in Lyon, it's not as complicated as in say Paris. So I don't think that your daughter will have any problems finding her way. But if she has a lot of stuff on her taxi is a good solution. To my estimation it might cost her 10 to 15 euros. Taxi lines are situated on both exits from the Part Dieu train stations, it doesn't really matter which one your daughter will take.

4. Re: Paris to Lyon - Part Dieu Station and beyond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:17