We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay outside of Lyon

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay outside of Lyon

We will be there in early October and will have a vehicle. Want to visit the area around Lyon, Vienne etc. but would prefer to stay in smaller towns/villages. Any suggestions of towns etc. to stay in would be appreciated. Our first time to South of France.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay outside of Lyon

Just to the north of Lyon google Chateau Pizay.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay outside of Lyon

Wow! That chateau looks amazing. We were thinking something less grand to fit our budget 50-100 euro per night. Looking more for a town that we can find accommodation in. Thanks for your reply.

David

San Diego, Ca
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay outside of Lyon

Back in 2006 we stayed at L'oree des Landes, a B&B in the small village of Montagny, about 20 km outside of Lyon. The room was small, simple but comfortable with it's own facilities. The B&B has just the one room across the garden from the main house. Our hostess, Florence spoke a little English and we were able to communicate with just a little difficulity. The Village has a couple of restruants, a small grocery and a bakery. I've tried to locate their web site for you, but it doesn't seem to be working correctley. They are listed on many other sites and appear to still be in business. The link below has all the contact information. Remember it's small, but the price is right. The second link I've listed is our trip report that contains information about our stay with Florence. It was our first B&B of the trip.

franceadom.fr/chambresdefrance/uk/b&b/fiche-…

www.slowtrav.com/tr/tripreport.asp…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay outside of Lyon

dgassa, thanks for your reply. I can find many references to the property that Florence has but nothing in English or detailed. I will keep looking. In the meantime I have found several other good looking places in that district which I can follow up. Thanks again!

5. Re: Where to stay outside of Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:41