We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

Darth_Feanor gave me some excellent help last week on booking train travel from the Lyon airport to Paris CDG. I was advised to book the 14:39 train; however, I dont see that option. I only see the 15:53 departure for $54 per person. Please advise if I am missing it, or if it is no longer available. We are traveling on September 11th. Thank you.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

If you are seeing fares in dollars, you have probably been routed to RailEurope. Try TGV-Europe.com/en and select Antarctica as your country. Then you may get a pop-up box; click "stay on TGV europe" on that box.

There is a 14:39 departure from Lyon St Exupery on Sept 11 currently available for 30 euros. You should be able to print that ticket at home.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 02:02
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,013 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

If you are seeing prices in dollars, you are on the wrong web site.

The tgv-europe web site shows a TGV from Lyon St Exupery to Paris Gare de Lyon at 14.39, with tickets starting at €30. There is no 15.53 train shown.

Maybe you have somehow been diverted to RailEurope. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

Allow plenty of time between your flight's scheduled arrival time and the train departure. If you buy a cheap PREMs ticket and miss the train, the ticket is worthless.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

Okay, finally I see the 14:29 train for 30 euros because this time I typed in Paris Gare de Lyon. I had been selecting the Charles DeGaulle airport, which is where we need to go. Where is Paris Gare de Lyon in relation to the CDG Airport? Do we change trains there? Thank you so much for your help!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,013 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

There are no trains from Lyon St Exupery to CDG.

Gare de Lyon is in central Paris. You can get from there to CDG for €9.25 each by taking RER Line D to Gare du Nord, where there is cross-platform interchange with RER Line B to CDG. If you have much luggage, you might prefer to take a taxi for around €50.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

You can go straight from the main Lyon train stations to CDG on the TGV - much easier than changing in Paris.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

You want a direct TGV from Lyon to CDG.

Book at www.tgv-europe.com/en, DO NOT enter 'United States as search results automatically open on their subsidiary Rail Europe, with higher prices plus fees. Instead, select 'Afghanistan' or 'Antarctic', to stay with TGV-europe.com. You should get a self-print or at least 'collect at station' ticket, so your country doesn't matter.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

Just to re-iterate that the direct trains from Lyon to CDG leave from Lyon Part Dieu station in the city centre. There is a direct tram to that station from the airport and that would be a much easier connection than making the changes in Paris.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

We have successfully booked our rail to Paris CDG Airport. Thanks to you all!

9. Re: Lyon to Paris CDG by train... Booking on tgv-europe.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:16