We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gare Part Dieu to hotel

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gare Part Dieu to hotel

Hi,

I'm trying to plan the best way to get from Gare Part Dieu station to Victoria Hotel, 3 Rue Delandine 69002 Lyon.

Looking at the metro map, it looks like I have two choices. Either blue line north, then catch the red line. Or blue line south, then green line, then red line, finishing in either case at Perrache station.

I'm just wondering if there's a direct bus or tram service. Does anyone here know?

Another option would be to just walk it. Does anyone know how long that would take? I'm quite fit!

Also, regarding public transport, if I were to use the metro (or bus and funicular) about 4 times per day, would it be worth me buying a day pass? If so, how much does a day pass cost? Also, how much does a single journey cost in the centre?

Many thanks for your help.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gare Part Dieu to hotel

You can take tram T1 directly from Part Dieu to Perrache station. You can also take a train, many locals use that option of moving between two stations, but if by mistake you choose a wrong one you can end up in Avignon! A walk I think will take the best part of an hour even for a good walker.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gare Part Dieu to hotel

I haven't been to Lyon yet (going on sat! and can't wait) buthave found the following website useful for planning journeys and costs.

http://www.tcl.fr/en

a day ticket is 4.9 euro

1 journey 1.60e (on bus 2e)

10 ticket book 14.30e

hope this helps

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gare Part Dieu to hotel

Thanks Darth, the tram sounds great. That way I get to see some of the city when I arrive. I agree about the danger of catching the train, I'll probably be so tired I could end up anywhere!

Thanks Rapeat for the ticket details, that's very useful. The book of 10 sounds like it may be the best option.

4. Re: Gare Part Dieu to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:18