We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaujolais festival

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beaujolais festival

My husband and I are planning to be in France November 10-17 and were originally planning on spending half our time in Paris (not our first time to the city, but love it so want to spend some time there) and half in Provence. I have come to realize that the Beaujolais festival will occur while we are in France and I am thinking of staying in Lyon for a night or two (perhaps longer) to experience the festivities. I am sure it is remarkable but I wanted to get some advice from people who have experienced the festival themselves. You see I am torn because I have always wanted to go to Provence (I know Nov is not ideal but only time we could get away) but I wonder if I should forgo seeing it one more time as this may be a more memorable experience, or perhaps fit in all three in a week? We are interested in relaxation, food and just "taking it all in" during this trip, no set agenda. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,620 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaujolais festival

No, actually, it's not remarkable at all.

Beaujolais Nouveau is usually barely drinkable, and the "festivities" are largely a marketing blitz designed to sell wine that nobody would ever drink for any other reason.

Edited: 20 September 2012, 20:50
Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaujolais festival

I couldn't agree more with Sunshine. If you want to stay in Lyon stay by all means, but not because of the Beaujolais Nouveau festival.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaujolais festival

Thank you, this helps a lot!

4. Re: Beaujolais festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 10:17