We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers getting confused ?

Midlands
Level Contributor
47 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers getting confused ?

CITADINES LYON PRESQU'ILE HOTEL, Lyon , Rhône, France, 2 Rue Thomassin, Lyon

We are trying to organise how to get to the above address from the airport.

Satobus to Part dieu is this the only way please?

This will be for December... getting mixed reviews as some say routes have been changed.

Please can anyone help or advise.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

Satobus shuttle service is no longer operational. The airport and Lyon are now linked by the tram service RhoneExpress. It makes 3 stops on its way. Your best option is not going to the terminus station - Part Dieu, but to get off at the 2nd and penultimate stop - Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie. That is also terminus station of the metro A line. Then take the metro to the Cordeliers stop in the centre of the city. Your hotel is 5 to 10 minutes walking distance from there.

Midlands
Level Contributor
47 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

Hi

Thank you so much will try to find these now on a map...

So much appreciated thank you again.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

De rien. )) You might wanna consider a taxi though. A cab from the airport to the city centre during the day hours will cost you around 55 euros only twice as much as tickets for the RhoneExpress and metro for both of you. Night hours are more expensive.

Midlands
Level Contributor
47 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

Hi

Think this might be the better option then door to door.

Do we need to book in advance or are there plenty of taxi's available do you know?

Thanks again :)

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

With 3 of us last weekend (RhoneExpress and T3 tram closed for maintenance) we opted for taxi transfers. I can can confirm the cost of €55... but that was with very little traffic. If you're arriving at rush hour and the journey takes longer it will cost more.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

As a rule there is normally a line of available taxis in both terminals, but I remember arriving once in Lyon at midday and not being able to find one. That is rare, but that can happen. If that to be the case you can always take the RhoneExpress. Or you can book your taxi in advance. I know there is an airport service with the database for all taxi companies, but I never used it. I booked my cabs directly with the companies. The two biggest, using online booking, are Allo Taxi and Taxi Radio, the latter has an English version of the site.

http://www.allotaxi.fr/

http://www.taxilyon.com/

You normally have to have a mobile phone so the driver supposed to pick you at the airport could contact you. You also probably have to mention that you don't speak French as there are not many drivers who speak English.

Midlands
Level Contributor
47 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

Thank you all so much again going to look now.

:)

Midlands
Level Contributor
47 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

Hi All

Tried both above options but no reply back but did get one from below

Hope they will be there for us :)

www.taxislyonaeroport.com

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

Taxis Lyon Aeroport is pretty reliable, never had or have heard of a bad experience!

10. Re: Transfers getting confused ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 10:17