We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday lunch in Lyon

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday lunch in Lyon

My wife and I will be in Lyon at the beginning of March and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a restaurant for Sunday lunch? Most of the restaurants I have looked up seem to be closed on Sundays.

We do not really have a budget but do like fine dining restaurants and fine wines. If need be we do not mind travelling outside Lyon.

Thanks

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

Can you precise do you have in mind a regular (yet good) lunch or something more special. Michelin starred restaurant for instance.

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

We are planning to dine at Au 14 Fevrier Vieux on Friday night and possibly Le Gourmet de Sèze on Saturday (is this a good restaurant?) so on Sunday it may be nice to go to a more local restaurant. It would be really nice we could try some typical Lyonnaise food and meet the locals.

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

Hi, don't know about opening times but this place is a great experience: http://www.brasseriegeorges.com

Typical Lyonnaise food and a grand building!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,138 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

Whichever restaurant you choose, be sure to book a table in advance as Sunday lunch at a restaurant is a great favorite of many French families.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

Yes, Le Gourmet de Seze (Michelin 1 star) considered to be one of the best in Lyon. I've been there just once more than 2 years ago, but the feedbacks are still highly positive.

On Sunday the offer is indeed limited. Brasserie Georges already mentionned can be good for a casual lunch. It's a touristic place obviously, but still very decent and many locals go there as well. The dining hall is the biggest in France, the general atmosphere is relaxing and rather informal, you'll be seated alongside with many other people. Check their website for pictures and menu.

Just in case you're looking for something haut de gamme there is a 2-star Michelin restaurant Auberge de l"ile just outside of Lyon and another Michelin starred historic restaurant of Guy Lassausaie in Chasselay further North from Lyon. Both are open on Sundays.

Other options in Lyon centre on Sunday include Brasserie Leon de Lyon, different brasseries of Paul Bocuse with Le Sud and Le Nord being the most centrally located, the restaurant La nef des fous in the Vieux Lyon area for more quite meal.

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

That is fantastic, thank you.

I had looked at Guy Lassausaie in Chasselay but I was worried that it may be difficult to get to on a Sunday.

I have also been looking at Villa Florentine's restaurant, Les Terrasses de Lyon for Saturday night instead of Le Gourmet de Seze. Any thoughts as to which one wold be best for a romantic evening?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

I have yet to try Villa Florentine's restaurant, so I can't say anything from personal experience, but obviously in this case you choose between two very good restaurants. Villa Florentine has a better view and is more centrally located though.

8. Re: Sunday lunch in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 07:16