We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty free

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Duty free

Is there a way I can access to the list and prices of perfumes sold duty free at the airport? Some friends of mine will travel Lyon-> Montréal soon, and I would like to know if my fragrances would be worth buying or not while they are there. I have searched this forum and quite a bit online and nothing came out except the name of the place where you can buy fragrances at the airport.

In case anyone is familiar with fragrance buiyng there I am interested in Idylle, Kenzo's Parfum d'été, Eden and Fidji. All in eaux de parfum, no eaux de toilette.

Thx

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty free

Unfortunately duty-free shops don't list their products online. But the items you want to buy are not extremely rare, I just checked two of the France's most popular chains Sephora and Nocibe, and they both have all the four items you mentionned. So my guess is, that there is a decent chance they will be present at the airport as well. It's a rather big shop.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty free

Thank you! Too bad there is no way to know if they will actually have these 4, and if so at what price. I will have to balance the pros and cons of asking my friends to buy those in stores while they are in Grenoble, or risk it at the airport, or if I should buy them on internet. We do not have Eden on this side of the pond, and no Fidji (E.D.P.) either. And the 2 other ones are very pricey.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty free

Duty-free prices are often not much less than those in local stores, as the dufy-free shops pay a premium price for their airport rental.

4. Re: Duty free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:18