We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Lyon

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis in Lyon

I'm getting into the city from the airport quite late in the evening and will probably take a taxi from Perrache to1st Arrondisement (Hotel St Vincent). Are taxis in Lyon metered and are metres used? It will be my first time in the city so I won't know my way around and I just want to get to my hotel as quickly as possible.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Lyon

That will be "yes" to both questions. The ride from Perrache to your hotel during the night hours will be around 12 euros. The taxi rank at Perrache is located on the 2nd level under the covered passage connecting the train station and the bus station. There are always taxis there till very late in the evening.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Lyon

Thanks you, it's useflu to have a guide price. Could I check: does the Rhone Express continue on to Perrache or end at Part Dieu?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in Lyon

RhoneExpress terminates at Part Dieu. Indeed I was wondering as to why you choose to take a taxi from Perrache when arriving by plane. Anyway the price for a cab from Part Dieu will be more or less the same.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis in Lyon

Thanks very much Darth.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,243 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis in Lyon

Note that there is a small fee for luggage as well which goes on top of the metered fare.

6. Re: Taxis in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:18