We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Luggage for the Night

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valbonne
5 posts
Save Topic
Leaving Luggage for the Night

Hi,

A friend and I are going backpacking/partying around Europe this summer. One of our "main" destinations is Prague and we'll be flying there from Lyon Airport. However, our flight leaves at 7:00 am and we get into Lyon airport at 10:30 pm. So we decided that we'd spend the night out in Lyon, which we've found the means of doing (getting there and back in time and so on) just the only problem is our bags. Is there a facility that will allow us to leave our luggage in the airport for example given the areas?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
970 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Luggage for the Night

There is no luggage storing facility at the airport, but there is one at Lyon Part Dien train station, where you arrive from the airport by the means of RhonExpress. The opening hours are from 06:15 to 23:00 any day of the week. Prices vary 5,50€ to 9,50€ depending on the size of a locker.

Valbonne
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Luggage for the Night

Ok thanks, this is good except I don't think we'll be able to get to Lyon train station in time for it's closing at 23:00, and it'll be a little tight picking it up at 6:15 when our flight out of lyon is at 7:00

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
970 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Luggage for the Night

Apparently there is a "concierge service" at the airport, that mentions "left luggage" in their list of services - lyonaeroports.com/eng/…Concierge-service Contact them directly to find out if their opening hours are more suitable.

Valbonne
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving Luggage for the Night

I called them this morning and their luggage service closes at 20:00 so that really isn't going to help (though it does open at 6:00 which is a step forwards). I guess that isn't going to work. Do you imagine there is any other way to store luggage at those hours in Lyon???

Valbonne
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Luggage for the Night

Been giving it some thought and would it be possible to request one of the airport hotels look after our luggage for a price? Do you think they'd be willing to that or would it be out of the question due to airport security and so on... ?

6. Re: Leaving Luggage for the Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:17