We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mondays in Lyon

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Townsville...
Level Contributor
129 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Mondays in Lyon

I will in Lyon on a Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th September. It looks like most of the Museums/Restaurants will be closed on Monday! Does anybody have any suggestions of what I can do on the Monday? I am traveling by train so wont have access to a car and I speak only very bad High School French.

Merci!

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
990 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mondays in Lyon

It's an exaggeration to say that most of the restaurants are closed on Monday. Some of them will indeed be closed, but the best part will still be open. Concerning museums, Musées gallo romains and Musée Gadagne will be closed, but Musée des Beaux-Arts (one of the best in France) and Musée de Guignol are open. Not to mention, that you can still roam the Renaissance streets in the Vieux Lyon area, visit the famous traboules, go up the hill for the fantastic view over the city or visit the Roman theatres.

If the weather is good you might stroll by the very nice bank of the Rhone river with good views on the city and numerous bars, cafes and restaurants (beer restaurant Star Ferry is my favourite during the day). You can go by the bank as far as the Parc de la Tete d'Or, which has a nice artificial like and a small zoo and extremely pleasant in good weather. So, you'll have plenty of options even on Monday.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
129 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mondays in Lyon

Thanks for this! Looks like I will be able to fill the day (-:

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
990 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mondays in Lyon

September is the best time to visit Lyon. Hope you'll have a wonderful stay!

4. Re: Mondays in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:17